IntroductionEditarPIS, short for "Plot induced Stupidity" is Generally used to refer to the events of a story that in a way contradicts the normal capabilities of a character (Be it Physical or mental) to sustain the purpose of the plot of the work. A villain who is consistently powerful and intelligent and has the hero in his hands, but decides not to kill him and on account of this is killed by the hero, is a great example of PIS.
- Hao Asakura vs Yoh Asakura and the others chosen (Shaman King)
- Lucemon vs Takuya and Koji (Digimon Tamers)
- Thor dropping for a shot (Marvel)
- Arceus being hit by Meteos and cement and almost die (Pokémon)
- Superman winning the original Darkseid in Final Crisis, with his voice (DC Comics)
- Black Panther subjugate Silver Surfer (Marvel)
- Acnologia losing Race to Christina (Fairy Tail)